Pages

January 23, 2014

Valentines Day Burlap and Fabric Heart Banner



Isn't red an awesome color??
I'm still very much in love with my old red door, and after I took down my Christmas decorations, I wanted to keep it out....
Solution: give it a little Valentines Day love!




This simple banner took just a few minutes to make, and goes well with the shabby feel of the door.
First, I cut small burlap triangles (above).  I don't mind if it frays, so I left everything with raw edges.

Next, I cut hearts out of scrap fabric I had...


I set a heart on each burlap triangle.  Then, with my free motion quilting foot, I used red thread to go around and around the border.  I left 1/8" - 1/4" seam allowance from the raw edge, and let my lines go wiggly and crazy.


Finally, I hot glued the triangles to a piece of twine.


Now my formerly Christmas door is now a fun Valentine door!  And this kind of banner would be perfect for a mantel too.




For some other Valentine's Day inspiration, check out some of my previous posts:









image signature
Follow me on Facebook




Visit thecsiproject.com

16 comments:

  1. Oh I LOVE that banner!!! Its just delicious on your beautiful red door! *I love it!*
    I see the wonderful rolls of printed burlap and I have yet to buy any. Standing
    in the store I have no inspiration, so I just walk away. I need to get it so I have
    it when the inspiration hits! You have made me brave, I'm buying it!!! ha! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melissa! Burlap is one of those things I don't use very often, but I'm always satisfied with the result when I do. It has a great rustic, natural quality that I love.
      Good luck with your projects!
      Lindsay

      Delete
  2. Found you through The CSI Project and I love this! So simple and sweet, I can't wait to try it, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heart this ;) Such a simple yet beautiful banner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Many cities have marathons, and many citizens participate in such events. Participants are almost all in sportswear. In this kind of high-intensity exercise, it is especially necessary to pay attention to sports injuries, and prepare enough to reduce the possibility of sports injuries. For example, when women wear sports underwear, men also need to protect their chests. They can wear tight tops and put on chest stickers, which are all for their own protection. Cost-effective brands workout clothes for men include NIKSA, and the NIKSA men’s series of clothing is specially designed for men.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ver well. Keep sharing more. Please also read mine at Fun Livin' and let me know where I can improve.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really enjoyed reading your article. I found this as an informative and interesting post, so I think it is very useful and knowledgeable. for More Details Click Here:- Recover Forgot AOL Mail Password

    ReplyDelete
  8. betflix make real money No cheating, just you sign up with us. ready to receive various rights can go immediately

    ReplyDelete
  9. betflix Enter to play slots, including all camps, through an application รับเครดิตฟรี

    ReplyDelete
  10. can play online slots games anywhere. All you need is mobile internet. Can be pg slot ทุนน้อย

    ReplyDelete
  11. Vip168 matching game. Deposit, withdraw with wallet via automatic system by yourself. We only serve our special players. Players who have a True Money Wallet account can easily deposit credit into it.ak47th

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice craft work looking so pretty thank you for sharing keep going abogado flsa en virginia.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Valentine's Day Burlap and Fabric Heart Banner is a charming and elegant decoration for romantic celebrations. Its rustic charm and texture of burlap and fabric hearts create a focal point. Easy to hang, this banner adds love and warmth to any space, making it a must-have for any occasion. New York Same Sex Divorce Lawyer

    ReplyDelete